Think a private investigator’s services are only for the rich and powerful? Think again! Private detectives in the real world are not how they are often portrayed in movies and on TV. They are valuable allies to people of all ages and across every income level who need to get information for a wide range of purposes but don’t have the know-how, time or resources to do the work themselves. Here are the Top Five reasons why you may want to hire a private investigator.
1. Divorce disputes: Divorces are often complicated and messy events full of “he said” and “she said.” With an investigator on your side, you may be able to uncover evidence about a spouse that may be of use to you during legal proceedings.
2. For help with stalkers: Many people (and women in particular) struggle with a stalker who may become dangerous. The police are often not willing to act before disaster strikes, and a restraining order does little to protect you. A detective can track the stalker’s pattern, gather evidence and keep a detailed log of incidents: all of which will help you press charges successfully
3. Employee tracking: If you are an employer who suspects he is being defrauded by an employee, hiring a private investigator to track his actions and claims may be the best way to prove your employee is lying. It is difficult to dismiss a suspicious employee without probable cause; and a detective can gather all the incriminating evidence you need.
4. Background checks: The internet is today’s hottest dating marketplace; but when you agree to meet someone from a dating site you are basically heading into the date with your eyes closed. An investigator has the skills and resources to perform background checks on any prospective date for your peace of mind and safety.
5. Cheating spouses: If you suspect your spouse is having an affair, hiring a private investigator will give you the impartial answers you’re looking for. Don’t rely on your best friend or tail him/her yourself: get a professional to do the job and you can be confident you know the truth.